- Laketown Electric has been known throughout the area for the challenging new construction projects that we have performed over the last 46 years.
- We do not sacrifice quality or cut corners merely to win bids.
- We are not the cheapest contractor in town. We win our projects based on best value basis and through relationships. We firmly stress to our clients that you get what you pay for when you hire LEC.
- We believe that the utmost quality can be achieved for competitive pricing and that our construction standards are second to none.
- We produce considerable revenue per employee by staying dedicated to the niches that we excel at.
- While we are a large merit shop contractor, we have excellent working relationships and consistent work with many of the largest GCs in the Midwest including RJM, Kraus Anderson, A & P, and many others.
- We never have striven to be the largest electrical contractor in the area, we strive to perform the best quality, have the best employees, and have the best reputation in the industry.
- Over 75% of our new construction projects are performed on a negotiated, design-build basis. We are also the electrical engineer of record on all of these projects.
The Types of Projects we Tackle:
- 25% Commercial projects such as healthcare, office buildings, automotive facilities, retail, etc
- 25% Education projects including public, private and universities
- 25% Industrial/manufacturing/food processing projects.
- 15% Specialty/underground/municipal projects
- 10% Restaurant/grocery/brewery/hospitality projects
Our Crew and Equipment
- Our 60 project foremen average over 10 years of tenure with our company. They are hardworking, hands-on leaders, and loyal, conscientious team players.
- We call our field guys “Twofers.” We can brag that we typically get twice the output out of our guys compared to many of our competitors.
- Our owners and management team consists of driven, invested and experienced managers that are all under age 40, and get the most from their team members.
- We own equipment needed to handle jobs of any size. This includes 40 scissor lifts, five boom trucks, five trenchers, four excavators, two all-terrain lifts, four skid steers, two cable plows and 80 trucks to keep our field staff stocked and ready.
- In 2020 LEC completed 80 projects exceeding $200,000 in electrical scope. Our average project size during that time was $425,000.00
- We are capable of performing jobs over $15 million in electrical scope.
- We have a large credit line and single job and aggregate bonding capacity due to our financial well-being.
- Anticipated 2021 sales are $35+million.
- 130+ full-time employees.